PHOENIX METRO NARPM
August 23rd, 2018
Call Meeting to Order – (12:00 – 12:30)
Meeting began at 12:05 pm
President Welcome – Chris Lopez
• Recognize new members or visitors
o New members & visitors were identified and welcomed
• Board Committee meetings are open to members, we require an RSVP, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Stay up to date on news, events, updates and changes: Like Us on Facebook, check out the blog, website at narpmphoenix.com and monthly E newsletter
o We encourage you to visit a board meeting or contact a board member to provide feedback.
New Business – Chris Lopez
• Mastermind work group hosting – Open invite to sponsor
o Let us know if you would like to start a mastermind meeting on a property management topic
• No July Chapter Meeting
• September Chapter Meeting – Sept 27th @ PRS
o CRPM: THE ANATOMY OF THE AAR PROPERTY MANAGEMENT AGREEMENT (C103)
NARPM National Report – Chris Lopez
• Professional Members to complete Ethics Course / Online, NARPM.ORG
o Professional Members must complete the Ethics course online
Ethics Review – Chris Lopez
• Please review the attached NARPM Code of Ethics and Professional Standards. At each meeting we will review one section as a reminder of promoting a high standard of business professionalism.
o Article 8 was reviewed
Secretary’s Report – Kim Ayers – June’s minutes published on blog- Motion to approve (no July Chapter Meeting).
• All approved
Treasurer’s Report – Erin Buchanan – $8,637.69 as of 08/22/2018
• NARPM nametags are available for purchase. $10 cash or check payment (no cc payment currently). Name tags will have your name and “NARPM Member” with our Phx Metro Logo (see Facebook)
o Place an order with Erin today!!
• Looking for T-Shirt ideas for 2019 membership shirts (see Facebook)
o Last T-Shirt was the “Keep Calm…” shirts
• Healing Field Set Up Saturday Sept 8th at 6am. Stand Down Sept 12th 6am. Reach out to Erin for details (see Facebook)
o Please sign up for this. It is an awesome experience
Membership Report – Sandy Baber – 157 Active Members
• 2018 Goal is to grow our membership while adding value to our existing members. Make sure to remind your friends and other Property Managers about NARPM.
o We actually have 160 members to date.
o 5 new members have joined – updated active member counts will be updated
Elections of New Officers – 2019
• Candidates for Slate / September 2018
o If you would like to be on the board next year, reach out to Sandy.
• Elections October 2018
• Are you interested in participating on the Board or Committee Meeting level? Contact Sandy Baber at email@example.com
Affiliate Update – Eric Evans
• Affiliate Renewals
• Sponsorship opportunities are available for Sept, Oct & Nov
o Contact Eric directly for sponsorship opportunities
• We are always looking for new affiliate members. Please share your best vendors with the group.
• Vendor Fair 2018 October 25th at PRS. Commissioner Lowe, ADRE
o Sign up today to be a part of our Vendor Fair
• Lunch Sponsor – NTN National Tenant Network – Arizona
Adjourn to Lunch & Networking – (12:30 – 1:00) NTN Regina Kaupanger 480-607-5288 #101
• Today’s Class
o Work Place Safety & Data Security, eff Lane, Rick Krieger, & Mike Stout
Jeff Lane retired from the Tempe Police Department as a Detective with 22 years of service.
Rick Krieger date security expert
Mike Stout expert on resident screening
Meeting adjourned 12:18 pm.
Article 8: COMMITMENT TO FIRM
The Property Manager shall act in the best interests of his or her property management Firm.
STANDARDS OF PROFESSIONALISM
8-1 The Property Manager shall not have any undisclosed conflict of interest with his or her Firm. If a conflict or potential conflict should arise, the Property Manager shall notify his or her Firm immediate-ly.
8-2 The Property Manager shall not receive any form of compensation, rebates, or any other benefits without full disclosure to his or her Firm.
8-3 The Property Manager may not take or use any proprietary documentation, including but not limited to Client/Tenant lists, during or after his or her relationship with a Firm without express written consent from the Firm.
NARPM® Antitrust Statement:
It is the policy of the NARPM® to comply fully with all antitrust laws. The antitrust laws prohibit, among other things, any joint conduct among competitors that could lessen competition in the marketplace. NARPM®’s membership is composed of competitors; they must refrain from discussing competitively sensitive topics, including those related to pricing (such as rates, fees, or costs), individual competitors or specific business transactions, or controlling or allocating markets. Further, NARPM® shall not restrict members’ ability to solicit competitors’ clients or to advertise for business in any way that is not false, deceptive or otherwise illegal.