Call Meeting to Order – (12:00 – 12:30)
President Welcome – Chris Lopez
• Recognize new members or visitors
PHOENIX METRO NARPM
August 24, 2017
o All visitors were welcomed
• Chapter Goals – Members achieve designations: RMP, MPM, CRMC – grow membership
o Please look into NARPM designations.
• Mastermind work group hosting – Open Invite to Sponsor
o We have a master mind for Propertyware set up. For more information see a NARPM Board Member
• Stay up to date on news & events & updates / changes: Like on Facebook & Blog & newsletter
New Business – Chris Lopez
• Board of Directors Elections – Held in September – Volunteers Welcome
o If you would like to run for a NARPM Board position, please contact Russ or Chris
NARPM National Report
• Annual Convention & Trade Show – Oct 18 – 20 – Orlando, FL
• Designation Classes – Oct 16 – 17 – Orlando, FL
Ethics Review – Article 8: Commitment to Firm The Property Manager shall act in the best interests of his or her property management Firm.
Secretary’s Report – Kim Ayers – July minutes published on blog- Motion to approve.
Treasurer’s Report – Erin Reed – $11,969.33 as of 7-13-2017
Chapter Excellence – Chris Lopez
• Status Update
o Please note that we can apply for scholarships and grants when we are actively participating in Chapter Excellence
Membership Report – Sandy Baber
• 145 members – Rank #5 in the Country – Goal is to grow membership.
o As of now, we have approximately 200 members & affiliates combined
Social Event Report – Kelly Kordick
• September 8 – 9/11 Healing Fields
• October 24 – Top Golf
• Mother Bunch Brewery September 13th from 5:30-730 pm combined happy hour with the West Valley NARPM Chapter
Affiliate Update – Eric Evans
• Sponsorship opportunities are available!
• Please make sure you read the NARPM bulletins and notify your local Congressman
o Hot Topics
§ Handicap signs – frivolous lawsuits
Adjourn to Lunch & Networking – (12:30 – 1:00)
• Lunch Sponsor: NARPM
Today’s Class – Vendor Fair & Reputation Management (1:00 – 3:30)
Cocktail Hour: NARPM – (3:30)
Meeting ended 12:22 pm
Code of Ethics
Article 8: COMMITMENT TO FIRM
The Property Manager shall act in the best interests of his or her property management Firm.
STANDARDS OF PROFESSIONALISM
§ 8-1 The Property Manager shall not have any undisclosed conflict of interest with his or her Firm. If a conflict or potential conflict should arise, the Property Manager shall notify his or her Firm immediately.
§ 8-2 The Property Manager shall not receive any form of compensation, rebates, or any other benefits without full disclosure to his or her Firm.
§ 8-3 The Property Manager may not take or use any proprietary documentation, including but not limited to Client/Tenant lists, during or after his or her relationship with a Firm without express written consent from the Firm.
It is the policy of the NARPM® to comply fully with all antitrust laws. The antitrust laws prohibit, among other things, any joint conduct among competitors that could lessen competition in the marketplace. NARPM’s membership is composed of competitors; they must refrain from discussing competitively sensitive topics, including those related to pricing (such as rates, fees, or costs), individual competitors or specific business transactions, or controlling or allocating markets. Further, NARPM® shall not restrict members’ ability to solicit competitors’ clients or to advertise for business in any way that is not false, deceptive or otherwise illegal.